- Most importantly we use your information to provide you with the care and treatment you need
- We may need to use your information to help us protect the health of the public for example; monitoring of certain infectious diseases such as Tuberculosis
- To ensure the trust runs efficiently, plans for the future, trains its staff, pays its bills and can account for its actions
- Your information may be used for the benefit of clinical research
- You may need to receive care or equipment from other providers therefore we would need to share your information so that they can provide you with the necessary equipment or care and treatment you need
- In certain circumstances we are required by law to share your information with other organisations and authorities
- Your information may be used to defend a legal claim or where a court instructs us to
- We may use your information to protect your vital interests or the interests of any individuals when you are unable to give consent
There are occasions where we would like to use your information for reasons other than stated above.
This could mean providing your information to third parties who require it to test new technologies or providing your information to assess the services we currently provide so that we can improve them.
Where we require your information for these purposes we would need your explicit consent to use it. This is because it is your information and we must have your consent to use it for any purpose other than those stated above.
Please be assured that your care will not be affected if you do not provide consent for your information to be used for anything other than your direct care.
If you do give your consent but later change your mind you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Below is a list of some of the types of organisations we may share your information with:
- GP Practices
- Other NHS Trusts
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Community Teams
- Social Care Providers
- Equipment providers
- Regulatory bodies
- IT Providers
- Support services
- Registry Offices
- Funeral Directors
- Medical Schools
- Health Research Authority (if you have consented to participate in clinical research)
- Other healthcare providers