Annual Members' Meeting 2011
Tuesday 13 September | 4pm onwards | Colchester General Hospital
Updated 2 September 2011 (with Agenda, press release and fourth panel member)
Local people, our public and staff members, as well as representatives of interested organisations, can comment on their health services and listen to what senior staff, governors and directors have to say about the past year.
This year, as well as the formal business meeting of the Trust, we are planning a range of interactive activities and presentations.
Annual meeting with a difference!
BBC Essex presenter Sadie Nine (pictured) will host a Question Time event at the annual meeting of the NHS trust that runs Colchester's acute hospitals.
Sadie will play the David Dimbleby role to a four-strong panel who will answer questions* about current NHS issues from members of the public.
The Trust, which runs Colchester General Hospital and Essex County Hospital, is hoping to attract as many members of the public as possible.
The Question Time panel includes:
- Councillor Anne Brown (pictured) who represents Essex County Council on the Trust's Members' Council (board of governors)
- Dr Shane Gordon, a Colchester GP and co-GP Director of Commissioning for North East Essex
- Prof Mike Thorne, Vice Chancellor Anglia Ruskin University
- Steve Walters, a member of the North East Essex Cancer Services User Group whose wife Philippa died in 2009 as a result of cancer, aged 36
* To submit a question about a current NHS issue to the Question Time panel, please email email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 8 September.
- 4.00pm - Welcome by the Chair Sally Irvine (pictured)
- 4.10pm - In Your Shoes presentation about the Trust's In Your Shoes initiative - part of At our Best - which involved staff meeting with patients and carers as part of a project to help the organisation to improve the patient experience and to be at its best consistently.
- 4.40pm - Interactive display of posters covering a diverse range of subjects, such as maternity care in Tendring, infection control, therapies, fundraising, volunteering outpatient services at Clacton Hospital and a service manager's visit to a hospital in Rwanda. Members of staff will be available to talk to people about the projects.
- 5.40pm - "Making Your Hospital Stay Short and Safe" presentation by four of the Trust's leading doctors.
- 6.10pm - Question Time. See above.
- 7.00pm - Formalities:
|Chief Executive |
Dr Gordon Coutts
|presents the Annual Report for 2010/11||page 1 onwards|
|Director of Finance |
|presents the Annual Accounts for 2010/11||page 58 onwards|
|Director of Nursing and Patient Experience |
|presents the Quality Accounts for 2010/11||page 101 onwards|
- 8.00pm - Close of meeting:
Date: Tuesday 13 September
Time: 4-8pm (if you don't want to attend the whole meeting, you can come along to any of the above elements).
Location: Training Block South (map)
Colchester General Hospital, Turner Road, Colchester, Essex CO4 5JL.
Free parking. Park in the Public and Visitors car parks (map) and take a ticket. Exchange that for a free exit ticket at the meeting.
Refreshments will be provided.
Go to the press release.
Copies of the Trust's Annual Report & Accounts for 2010/11 will be available at the meeting.
You don't have to be a member to attend; just let us know you're coming by contacting our Membership Helpline.