Public and staff invited to Annual Members' Meeting 2015
Updated 2 September 2015
The annual members meeting of our Trust is on Friday 11 September, 2.45pm. It is open to the public.
Local people, our public and staff members, as well as representatives of interested organisations, can comment on their health services and listen to what senior staff, governors and directors have to say about the past year.
This year, as well as the formal business meeting of the Trust, we are planning a Question Time panel discussion.
The panel, comprising representatives from local healthcare organisations, will answer questions* about current NHS issues from members of the public.
The Board of Directors and governors from the Council of Governors will all be at the meeting in Training Block South (map) at Colchester General Hospital.
The full programme of the meeting is:
2.45pm Business Meeting
- Chief Executive Dr Lucy Moore will present the Trust's Annual Report 2014-15
- Director of Nursing and Quality Barbara Stuttle CBE and Medical Director, Dr. Angela Tillett, will present the Quality Report 2014-15
- Director of Finance Dawn Scrafield will present the Annual Accounts 2014-15
- Lead Governor David Linghorn-Baker will also give a presentation
4.30pm Question Time
A questions and answer discussion with panellists, chaired by Alan Rose, Trust Chairman:
- Chief Executive Dr Lucy Moore
- Mr Bernard Jenkin, MP
- Chair of Healthwatch Essex
- Cllr Dick Madden, Essex County Council
- Board Member from NE Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
It will conclude by 5.45pm. People can attend either or both parts of the meeting.
The Trust, which runs Colchester General and Essex County hospitals, is hoping to attract as many members of the public as possible.
Read the press release issued 2 September.
Date: Friday 11 September
Time: 2.45pm-5.45pm (if you don't want to attend the whole meeting, you can come along to any of the above elements).
Location: Training Block South (map)
Colchester General Hospital, Turner Road, Colchester, Essex CO4 5JL.
Free parking. Park in the Public and Visitors car parks (map) and take a ticket. Exchange that for a free exit ticket at the meeting.
Refreshments will be provided.
Copies of the Trust's Annual Report & Accounts for 2014/15 will be available at the meeting.
While members of the public can simply turn up on the day of the Annual Members' Meeting, the Trust would prefer if people wishing to attend registered in advance. Phone Tammy Diles, Deputy Company Secretary, on 01206 742733 or email email@example.com