Menu Links

Raising a Complaint or Concern

If something is not right, ask to see the person in charge of the ward, department or clinic where you are being seen or treated. It is quite possible they will be able to sort out the problem straight away.

What if I am not happy speaking to the staff involved?

During office hours ask to speak to a member of the Integrated PALS, Complaints and Legal Services (IPCLS) team or the Duty Matron. IPCLS can be contacted on 01206 742881. The Duty Matron can be contacted via the switchboard (01206 747474).

If I am still not satisfied, what should I do?

Please write to the Complaints team. If you do not mind being called to discuss your concerns please include your telephone number in any written correspondence.

You may find our complaint guideline useful:

pdf icon How to raise a complaint or concern guidelines

This contains some frequently asked questions which may answer some of your queries too.

Complaints in the first instance should be directed to:

Complaints department
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
Colchester General Hospital
Turner Road
Tel:01206 742881

Or email: