Radiotherapy Consultant Radiographer and Advanced Practitioners
We have four Radiotherapy Advanced Practitioners and one Consultant Radiographer.
Keir Williamson: Consultant Radiographer - Breast Specialist
Clair McKeown: Prostate Specialist and Imaging lead
Sharon Pearse: Superficial and Orthovoltage treatment Specialist
Monica Norris: Brachytherapy treatment Specialist
Ruth Turrell: Head and Neck Specialist
Telephone 01206 745055
What these roles provide for patients.
Our service aims to co-ordinate the care of our specialist group of patients and facilitate the smooth progression through their Radiotherapy pathway.
Our roles include:
- Manage patient pathway within specialist area.
- The Consultant Radiographer has a role in the planning of Radiotherapy treatments for breast cancer.
- Research and investigate current and advancing techniques to ensure patients have up to date treatment.
- Implementation of new techniques and the associated staff education.
- Audit current working practice and make recommendations for change.
- Lead on multi-disciplinary groups, both clinical and technical, within specialist area.
- Specialist information and support, informing patients about radiotherapy, it's side effects and what to expect during and after treatment.
- We are also trained to obtain consent from patients for radiotherapy treatment or to prepare patients for consent.
- A link with other health professionals involved in the care of radiotherapy patients. We can refer patients to other professionals e.g. counsellors, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Dietitians.
- Promotion of knowledge about radiotherapy in our specialist areas to other professionals. We are available to give presentations about radiotherapy to interested groups.